Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Boo! Who is that Masked Woman?


 I've been waking up way too early, and I thought I'd put that to use this morning and get out for my run earlier than usual. Just went to head out, despite the rain pounding on the skylight in my office, and realized it's still dark out. So I'll stall for a while here, shall I?

A short and sweet post was in order today -- Word-less Wednesday, if not Wordless -- and I was going to escape to some sunny-day photos of a French beach. Then I remembered that something a bit scarier was in order, and I remembered this photo of me in one of the masks the Bordeaux Musée people handed out at heir free Night at the Museums event last June. I can't remember how or why the theme included various animals, but Paul thought we should have some record of me wearing mine in this wonderful building, the Musé d'Art Contemporain, which I believe was originally a warehouse for textiles.

In honour of Halloween, a darkened shot below, easy to imagine the space full of lurking ghosts and goblins, no?
 Truly, though, it's a stunning use of a marvelous old building, such rich and pleasing geometries.
At some point, I'll come back and share some of the exhibits with you as well. For now, though, I guess I'd better get out on the muddy, dark roads. At least that shower will feel great afterwards!

Meanwhile, Happy Trick or Treating!

16 comments:

  1. We must be on the same bio clock. I've been up since five, but have put the time to good use making a Thai dish for a potluck at the office. The rain here has replenished the ponds - welcome rain!
    Your post today is suitable mysterious....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This bio clock is going to be even less useful when the time changes . . . then my 5:50 wake-up will be 4:50 . . . yikes!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful buildings. And that mask is eerie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually some kind of walrus-y creature, I think, but it comes across as very alien. . . eerie, yes.

      Delete
  3. Oh your mask is eerie looking.
    I have been having trouble getting out of bed lately!
    You and Pondside have made such great use of your time, the early bird gets the worm.

    Must be off I am rushing this morning due to sleeping in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rushed out the door yesterday and was halfway to the ferry before I realized I'd left my scarf at home. Check your neck! ;-)

      Delete
  4. Your mask fits perfectly with the day. And I can imagine that some of the buildings in Europe, like the one you show, would be perfect for hauntingly mysterious gatherings. Not much imagination required at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true, Lorrie. When I was scrolling through my photos for something Halloween-worthy, I paused at a few buildings that hinted at haunting . . .

      Delete
  5. That mask is scary. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You didn't stall long enough. I saw you out jogging in the dark and carrying a flashlight. That is dedication. Or addiction. You really need a fashionable headlamp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to chuckle at myself . . . must have the bug, for sure!

      Delete
  7. That mask is seriously creepy. It's like something out of a dream that Buffy would have. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So the Cheese Man might be right around the corner? . . .

      Delete
  8. Happy Halloween!! I adore that mask.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your photos definitely captured the mood of the holiday yesterday! I don't like coming to work when it is dark and then later leaving in the dark - it's one of the drawbacks to an otherwise wonderful season.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your response to my post. Agree, disagree, even go off on a tangent, I love to know you're out there, readers. Let's chat, shall we? I apologize, though, for the temporary necessity of the Word Verification -- spam comments have been tiresomely numerous lately, and I'm hoping to break that pattern.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...