Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Easter

 Easter seems a good day to finally share some of the photos of the wonderful stained glass windows in Metz' s Cathédrale St. Etienne.

 The one below is of one of the windows by Marc Chagall -- a truly heavenly pale yellow dominates.
 If only I could share some of the soul-lifting music we've heard over the last few days in London, both in St. Martin-in-the-Fields and in Brompton Oratory, or in Paris before that at Ste. Chappelle.
 It's the auditory equivalent to this light streaming through the jeweled colours. . .

Happy Easter to all of you!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Easter to you too!

    We're just back from singing at two services. Time for a nap.

    The Chagall window is very beautiful but the one above it is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A late Happy Easter to you!

    I'm envious of your concert-going! But this time we're determined to work Saint Chapelle into our Paris itinerary. Music would be a delightful bonus.

    The Chagall window is truly spectacular. And I love that round one above it, almost a yin/yang theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful way to honor the holiday. And I am trying to imagine music that sounds like these windows look.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your response to my post. Agree, disagree, even go off on a tangent, I love to know you're out there, readers. Let's chat, shall we? I apologize, though, for the temporary necessity of the Word Verification -- spam comments have been tiresomely numerous lately, and I'm hoping to break that pattern.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...